It’s time to MOVE IT Monterey County! Get outside and take at least trip that is healthy for your body, mind or community. The spring challenge will be held April 1-May 5.
It’s as easy as 1-2-3
- Bike, walk, take a bus, or carpool to work, school, to shops or just for fun (bike and walk trips get double points!)
- Track your trip on our CommuteTrack app or on Go831.Rideamigos.com
- You’ll be automatically entered to win a new bicycle after you track your first trip
Points (per trip)
Get points for every trip you take and log. Double points for walking and bicycling!:
* Walk = 20 points
* Bike = 20 points
* Bus = 10 points
* Carpool = 10 points
* Vanpool = 10 points
* Telework = 10 points
Log your trips on Go831.Rideamigos.com
Log your trips using the CommuteTrack App
|Prizes: Announced in June 2023|
|Random Drawing||Individuals||Teams (of up to 5 people)||Top Worksite||Top School Site|
|Participants who log at least one trip will be entered into a random drawing to win a new bicycle||The three participants with the most points will receive gift cards to local businesses! First place will win $100, second place $75, and third place will win $50.||The team with the most points will win a $200 gift card to a local business.||The worksite with the highest level of participation (most average points/participant) will win an electric bicycle.||The school with the highest level of participation (most average points/participant) will win a new bike or skateboard rack, and a random drawing prize for students including new bicycles and scooters.|
There are so many great ways to participate in the Move It Monterey County Challenge! Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Join a Walking Moai in your community!
- Join or start a walking school bus.
- Participate in National Walk Bike & Roll to School Day (May 4)
- Take a walking break from teleworking!
- Bike on your lunch break.
- Go hiking with family or friends at one of the beautiful parks in Monterey County!
Register for Ride Amigos as an individual!
For questions or assistance please contact: Ariana Green, Safe Routes to School Program Manager by email or phone (831) 775-4403